GREATEST FEATS AND FAVOURITE BEATS
I’ve set a new
Dave Birss, writer, speaker, advisor
10 April 2018
A few weeks ago I was interviewed by the lovely Sue Dougan for her Track Record radio show.
The show is a mix of chit-chat about my career alongside some music that floats my boat. You can get an earful right here if you’re up for it:
What we talked about
- Why I became interested in creativity and innovation
- The process that leads to great ideas
- Some strange jobs that I’ve done over the years
- My life as a musician
- My stint as a graffiti artist
- A brief spell as a radio broadcaster writing poems live on air
- A little bit about advertising
- My difficulty with job titles
The music I shared
- Screamin’ Jay Hawkins – Frenzy
- Prince – Raspberry Beret
- Blues Brothers – Everybody Needs Somebody
- Jimi Hendrix – Crosstown Traffic
- Muddy Waters – I Can’t Be Satisfied
- Trombone Shorty – Here Come The Girls
- Johnny Cash – Hurt
- The Sex Pistols – God Save The Queen
You can find the tracks on a Spotify playlist right here if you fancy enjoying them in full without me blathering in between them.
And there are more audio interviews coming up very soon.
WRITING FROM DAVE
Dave's classic book that explains where ideas come from and shows you how to have more of them.
Soon Yu and Dave Birss explain how you can use innovation as part of your brand's growth strategy.